Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full time
Reporting to: Warehouse Officer
Proposed start date: September 2023
- We are currently looking to fill the role of Warehouse Assistant who will be responsible to support the store management, monitor stock utilization, the storage conditions, support the receipt of shipments and cargo etc.
- Provide support to Warehouse Officer on update on the SFU;
- Report any problems with quality, quantity or documentation immediately;
- Update any database upon request in the framework of storage management;
- Keep stocks forms bin cards, stock cards etc. up to date;
- Restrict entry into storage facilities and keep keys for the storage facilities;
- Observe the minimum stock balances to anticipate any shortage in rolling stock and report it to the warehouse officer;
- Advice on the minimum stock balance according to consumption;
- Pay particular attention to use-by dates of food and medicine, ensuring proper stock rotation. Advise Logistics Assistant whenever expiry dates are approaching (within 2 months);
- Carry out monthly physical inventory of all items in stock and anytime upon request or convenience;
- Identify stock that is not being utilized and report to warehouse officer;
- Check daily that the store is clean, organized and is regularly ventilated;
- Arrange stock in such a way that it’s easy to count and aisles are accessible. Check daily and record the temperature and humidity of the store;
- Remove/ separate infected products and inform the Logistics Assistant;
- Separate foodstuffs from other stock and pay special attention to dangerous goods;
- Ensure storage facilities are free from rats, rodents and any other pests which may damage stock and periodically plan for fumigation of storage facilities;
- Plan for disposal of expired/ infected products in collaboration with the logistics officer and program teams;
- Ensure budget holders personally conduct a physical review any stock they have requested and sign the necessary documentation;
- Support the process of loading and unloading, including casual worker request, attendance sheets and ensuring timely payment is made.
- Diploma with professional experience in stock management;
- At least 2 year proven experience in stock management;
- Sound knowledge of general storage procedures;
- Knowledge of computer packages excel and word;
- Highly organized;
- Good communication skills in both written and oral English and excellent in applicable local language;
- Inhabitant of NE Nigeria region.
- Benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
- Women at ACF are entitled to benefits such as maternity leave, compassionate leave for a hospitalized child and creche facilities for babies and toddlers.
Application Closing Date
Friday; 18th August, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online