Pulse is Africa’s leading innovative media company, informing and engaging Africa’s young audience – and providing expansive media reach and creative marketing solutions to partners. We run news websites and social channels and marketing and production across Francophone and Anglophone West Africa and East Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Video Editor & Cinematographer
Location: Maryland, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Pulse is looking for a Video Editor & Cinematographer to join the team. As a Video Editor / Cinematographer, you will work with our in-house teams to create compelling and exciting videos that will engage with the Pulse audience, clients and meet marketing strategies and objectives.
- Our ideal candidate has a solid knowledge of camera equipment, lighting and editing softwares.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create video content with high visual impact for Pulse – internal and for clients.
- Videography in-house and on the field as assigned.
- Work on a brief, develop and pitch creative ideas and concepts, choosing the appropriate media and style to meet objectives.
- Overall editing responsibilities and quality control of all edits – including choice of images and videos, soundtrack, text placement, proofreading and cross-checking facts, spelling, grammar, writing style, colour, etc.
- Secure appropriate rights, licenses and clearances for video, image, and soundtrack usage to avoid copyright infringement.
- Contribute to new video format development and implementation.
- All around assistance on post production activities.
- You may be required to manage more than one brief at a time and will therefore have to prioritize effectively, allocating the relevant amount of time and resources according to the value of the job – ensuring that deadlines are met on all video projects.
- Ensure proper organization and safekeeping of video footage and logs.
- Assist with event coverage as required.
- You will keep abreast of emerging technologies in new media, particularly video and design programs such as Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, 3ds Max, and other relevant programs from the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Maintain strong, trusting relationships with all internal and external collaborators – clients and internal teams.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 2-3 years experience working on branded video content is preferred
- Great videography / video editing portfolio
- Skilled with video editing software such as Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, etc and a good working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator as it applies video post-production
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to keep the team up to date on project timelines
- Very organized, goal-oriented, and can drive results while multi-tasking priorities
- Good knowledge of Google Workspace – docs, sheets, drive, slides, etc.
- A lot of energy, passion and enthusiasm.
Application Closing Date
14th August, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Portfolio to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to proceed.