Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers. At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are rcruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Engineer II
Job number: 1611304
Travel: 0-25 %
Employment type: Full-Time
Role type: Individual Contributor
Work site: Up to 50% work from home
Profession & Discipline: Software Engineering
- You might have seen recent announcements about the integration of AI Experiences in Windows – do you want to be on the team that’s building these new, magical and compelling features that will revolutionize how people engage with Windows?
- Do you want to work with a fun, diverse and geo-distributed team that will be at the heart of the AI innovation in Windows? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
- The Windows Trust Experiences team is responsible for driving innovation for new privacy user interfaces used by Windows customers around the world.
- We’re looking for a collaborative, inclusive and customer obsessed Software Engineer to help us build the future of AI-powered Windows Experiences to delight Windows customers as we enable them to achieve more.
- As a Windows Privacy Engineer, you will be part of a team that designs, develops, and maintains the privacy settings and features in Windows 11.
- You will work closely with other engineers, product managers, legal and compliance professionals, and user researchers to ensure that Windows 11 provides users with transparency, choice, and control over their personal data.
- You will also collaborate with AI experts to ensure that Windows 11 uses AI responsibly and ethically.
- As a Software Engineer II in the Windows Trust Experiences Engineering team, you will be responsible for using C++, WinRT and WinUI to design, develop, test, and deploy high-quality software solutions for Windows users.
- You will have the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse and supportive group of Developers, Program Managers, UX Designers, AI/ML Scientists and User Researchers to deliver features that leverage AI technologies (such as speech, vision, natural language processing, and machine learning, and more) in an integrated, seamless and polished fashion.
- You will also have an opportunity to contribute to the overall technical vision and strategy of the “architectural how” of how we build a scalable architecture with great fundamentals (such as performance, power, reliability).
- Design, implement, test, and document privacy settings and features in Windows 11 using C#, C++, XAML, and other technologies.
- Research and analyze user feedback, privacy regulations, industry best practices, and emerging trends to identify privacy requirements and opportunities for improvement.
- Develop and maintain privacy compliance documentation and guidance for Windows 11.
- Support data subject requests, data protection impact assessments, and audits related to Windows 11 privacy.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders on privacy-related issues and initiatives.
The ideal candidate for this role has the following skillset and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field AND 5+ years technical engineering experience with coding in languages including, but not limited to, C, C++, or C#
- OR equivalent experience.
- 2+ year experience in software development using development technologies WinUI, XAML or ReactJS
- Enthusiasm for designing and developing high quality Windows User Experiences that are powered by cutting edge AI technologies
- Hands on experiences with software engineering principles and best practices such as design patterns, code quality, testing, debugging, etc
- Solid communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a cohesive and supportive team
- Experience in developing features and user experiences that use AI technologies such as speech, vision, natural language processing, or machine learning are a bonus
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online