APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Control Room Supervisor
Ref No. R71666
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job type: Full time
- Supervise control room operations to support the coordination of security operations in implementing and executing APMM Global Security Framework and the Port Facility Security Plan.
- Supervise the security control room function handling day-to-day routine and emergency activities for the control room staff (including contractors).
- Support security operations through proactive identification and assessment of suspicious activity, ensuring response to alarms, and alerts for timely 24/7 investigation and deployment of response mechanism(s) as per SOP’s.
- Support HSE operations through proactive identification and assessment of all safety infractions and near misses; daily report and image capture to support investigation and continued improvement.
- Display control room technical expertise and knowledge to support security operations and continued uninterrupted ISPS Code compliance in the Terminal.
- Assist in the delivery of WACT Duty of Care risk mitigation (ensure no harm) locally inside the terminal.
- Support the Security and Business Resilience vision, including role modelling and team leadership, and take an active role in ensuring that the Security Risk Management Operating System is embedded successfully.
- Supporting the Terminal Security Manager with the implementation of a robust security risk management programme.
- Ensuring compliance with APMM Global Security Framework, ISPS Code, APMT Ways of Working further implementing and upholding all relevant standards and ensuring local regulatory compliance.
APMT Security Processes:
- Provide a safe and secure operating environment for WACT staff to work within.
- Maintain operational command of the security control room assisting in the coordination of terminal security operations to pro-actively identify security threats, provide timely and accurate reporting and coordinate response mechanism(s) to support business continuity.
- Develop, oversee, and implement the control room procedure and where required, ensure same is communicated, executed, and tested on a regular basis.
- Provide evidence gathering capability in support of internal investigations utilising live and recorded video surveillance footage and access control events.
- Ensure regular checks are conducted on all equipment, hardware, software, and systems with an effective reporting mechanism to identify and escalate critical issues and minimise downtime.
- Manage the schedules of control room personnel, tracking attendance end ensure effective delivery of service 24/7.
- Provide a control hub and key contact for all security communications.
- Maintain visitor’s logbook, issuing and receiving of keys.
- Conduct effective performance evaluations and mentor control room personnel to ensure best practices, team cohesion, competency, and continuous improvement.
- Maintain a thorough awareness of company security policies and procedures.
- Proactively maintain and improve own Security Supervisory competencies in consultation with Terminal Security Manager.
- Ensure all incidents reports are completed and delivered in a timely manner.
- Oversee all necessary training modules and procedures for control room security staff.
- Provides technical security supervisory expertise and knowledge to facilitate business security objectives.
- Establish and maintain networks within the organisation, to leverage support and engage in information and intelligence sharing to support a stronger security environment.
Critical Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Accredited professional certification in control room operations and video surveillance systems
- 2 years + experience in a Control Room supervisory role
- In depth-knowledge of control room operations including:
- Operating, monitoring, and management of video surveillance, access management, and vehicle tracking systems
- Emergency response procedures and incident management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability for effective oral and written briefs
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Software and computer systems within a control room environment
- A high degree of self-motivation, positive attitude, and drive with the ability to contribute to a team-based work environment
- A demonstrated continued professional development within security field of operations
- Highest level of integrity, tact and discretion, and the ability to solve practical problems quickly and efficiently in high stress situations
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Valid driving license.
Learning & Career Opportunities
In this position, the incumbent will have an opportunity to acquire skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Personal and professional leadership in a dynamic environment.
- Terminal security operations.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online