Standard Chartered Bank – We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. As a leading international bank, we strive to help people and businesses prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal, DLG
Job ID: 2300003210
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Job: Institutional Banking
Employee Status: Permanent
The Role Responsibilities
- To support the Global Banking Relationship Managers across Africa & Middle East with the structuring and execution of relevant Lending transactions . This role will focus on West Africa origination and execution.
- We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
- To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
- We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
- Engage with West African target clients to negotiate relevant Diversified Lending transactions (as coordinated by the Client’s Relationship Managers)
- Ensure that relevant transactions are structured appropriately to maximize deal returns while allowing for potential distribution or sell down (as required)
- Work with junior DLG resources in preparation of deal economics, information memoranda, pitch books, presentations, prospectuses, deal summary sheets and other forms of reports as applicable under the supervision of the Diversified Lending Team lead.
- Identify potential cross-sell opportunities from Diversified Lending transactions (i.e. Cash, Trade and Financial Markets) to maximize client revenue and returns without prejudice to the Bank’s Conduct Principle of Fair Outcomes for Clients
- Be jointly responsible to achieve the quantitative and qualitative performance objectives set for the Diversified Lending team
- Develop and maintain relevant industry and product knowledge and stay abreast of developments within the industries or markets in which our clients operate
- Represent Standard Chartered Bank in matters relating to relevant Diversified Lending transactions or applicable industry events (as required).
- Work with junior DLG staff to prepare financial models to support the structuring and analysis of relevant transactions (as required for each transaction)
- Prepation of credit applications, including detailed analysis of business, industry, financial and management risk under the supervision of the Diversified Lending Team lead.
- Engage with Risk and other internal stakeholders to obtain necessary transaction approvals
- Analysis and negotiation of legal documentation related to Relevant Transactions under the supervision of the Diversified Lending Team lead.
- Proactively identify potential risks or issues which are affecting or may affect the portfolio of relevant Diversified Lending transactions
- Ensure that relevant transactions are structured appropriately for potential distribution or sell down (as required)
- Establish/maintain a good control environment related to Diversified Lending facilities
- Ensure that all relevant transactions are compliant with the relevant Country Underwriting Standards, Portfolio Standards and Product Programs (including Country Addendums)
- Work proactively with various stakeholders such as Relationship Managers, Risk, Legal, Finance, etc. to reach financial close on Diversified Lending Transactions
- Contribute to applicable Transaction Approval applications which may be required, such as the approvals for Credit Risk, Global/Regional Capital Allocation Forum, Non-presence Countries, Country Risk Limit Allocation, Underwriting/Portfolio Standards or PPG Deviations, etc
- Take ownership of documentation execution for relevant transactions ensuring that all approved or required terms and conditions are correctly reflected in the transaction documentation and all relevant approvals are recorded and stored appropriately
- Ensure compliance with all applicable policies and procedures in relation to booking, monitoring and reporting of relevant Lending transactions
- Prepare the Deal Checklists and review the accuracy and completeness thereof against the deal files for each Lending deal.
Regulatory and Conduct:
- Prepare or contribute to representations to Audit and Regulators with regard to the relevant Lending transactions
- Maintain a functional understanding of Internal policies and external regulatory changes that may affect the Diversified Lending role or the portfolio of relevant Diversified Lending transactions
- Embed the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct in all matters ensuring adherence to the highest standards of ethics and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations
- Actively seek to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; and The Right Environment.
- Perform any other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
Our Ideal Candidate
- Post graduate Degree in Finance
- 7-10 years experience in structuring and executing complex lending transactions in Africa
- Mandatory Bank e-learnings
- Anti-Money Laundering, Counter Terrorist Financing and Sanctions
- Group Code of Conduct
- (iSAFE) Information Security Awareness for Everyone
- Living with HIV
- Reputation Risk
- Introduction to Operational Risk in Standard Chartered Bank
- Anti Bribery – Mitigating Bribery Risk
- Health Safety & Environment
- Core Credit Curriculum
- Language: Business level English
Role Specific Competencies:
- CCIB – Commercial Loan Review
- CCIB – Financial Analysis
- CCIB – Financial Statement Analysis
- CCIB – Financial Forecasting and Modelling
- CCIB – Legal Analysis
- CCIB – Cross-Selling.
Application Closing Date
4th March, 2023.