Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: NI – Revenue Manager
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- As part of his job, the Revenue Manager will have to show a great understanding of e-commerce and the marketplace (or a very strong ability to learn), developing streams of value-added services for our sellers and us customers, ensuring by this a road to profitability for Jumia.
- The Revenue Manager will be interacting mostly with C-Levels of Jumia. It will be a key success factor for him to engage the senior leadership team in what he/she identified as the next generation of revenue stream.
- As our profitability also relies on our top line, the Revenue Manager will be strongly committed to all commercial directors to ensure our new revenue streams do not negatively impact the top line. Based on his expertise, the revenue manager will also be the owner of most inventory decisions as well as budgets dedicated to investments into prices (e.g. subsidy).
- Gross margin is composed of marketplace commission, retail margin, shipping fee revenues, vendors’ penalties, vendors value-added services,
- Monitoring Gross Profit P&L performance vs. budget:
- Building analysis to ensure smart reporting on the performance across all categories, leading to action-
- Oriented recommendations (at Cat1 / Cat2 / Cat 3 + Seller Level at GP1 level).
- Improving our GP2 by optimizing seller and customer passthrough and adapting the commission matrix to reflect. price leadership opportunities and scale our Value-Added Services.
- Owner of developing the next generation of revenue streams focused on providing services to sellers (Values Added Services):
- Take ownership of VAS products including elaborating on the product value proposition, target market, application scenarios, key differentiators and USPs, benchmarking, trends, and vision
- Monitoring, leading, and accelerating the adoption of these services
- Designing action plans to be executed by KAMs
- Reconciliation of Marketing Contribution (Deal tracker vs. booked by Finance) + back margin follow-up.
- Making sure that all revenue streams are booked and correctly implemented.
- Inventory Management: Management of POs (Retail): making sure that we are inbound. the right assortment at the right quantity and with a price leadership
- Management of COs (Consignment): CP coordination/execution of Inventory to ensure a healthy rolling stock
- Making sure that all products in our WH are visible on the website.
- Making sure we give visibility to best-sellers
- Making sure that they are picked as collections in the consumer needs (Merchandising campaigns).
- Making sure that the seller subscribes to visibility services (SP, VAS, etc…)
- Making sure that we reprice the slow movers (PSA, Phoenix)
- Coordinate Performance Steering Actions with KAMs so that they can negotiate deep discounts with
- Sellers to animate a clearance campaign.
- Repricing of Forfeited Items: Coordinating with IT to make sure that the products are live on the website.
- Reprice the items to maximize our margin while ensuring that the items move quickly.
Qualification and Experience
- B.Sc in Accounting, Economics, or Finance and should be power BI and data analysis Inclined
- 6+ years’ experience in top-tier consulting firms, 4+ years’ experience in top-tier e-commerce firms, 3+ years in top-tier investment banks or audit firms
- Passion for e-commerce and its ability to transform the economic landscape
- Extremely structured and analytical
- Very organized and able to structure stakeholders’ agenda
- Strong ability to convince and drive local top management on a group Great interpersonal skills to influence people.
- Excellent communication skills
- Finding simple solutions to complex problems
Application Closing Date
17th October, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online