Lafarge Africa Plc is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group – the biggest building and concrete solutions company in the world. It is a publicly quoted company on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) and serves Nigeria with a wide range of building and construction solutions designed to meet housing and construction needs from small projects like individual home buildings to major construction and infrastructure projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mobile Plant Operator
Location: Ewekoro, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Mobile Plant Operator is responsible for operating and maintaining loaders, haul trucks, Dozers, grader, excavator’s equipment and machinery, and carrying out operations in line with safety regulations.
- They are also involved in overall quarry operation activities involve; overburden removal, loading, hauling, transporting of raw material from the quarry to the crushing plant, stockpile and overburden tipping area.
- They are also to ensure that quarry operation is carried out in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Understand and comply with HSE policies to assume that HSE are the first priority of the business. Actively support key safety initiative at the plant and assist the department as needed to improve HSE performance and result
- Demonstrate a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas
- Follow up all safety procedures, checks for safety hazards and takes corrective action to eliminate safety hazards
- Effectively and safely operates excavators, loaders, grader, haul trucks, dozer etc utilizing machine specific controls and machine attachments to complete all necessary tasks related to pipeline construction. This includes operating on adverse terrain, in winter operations, and/or near other equipment and power lines.;
- Operates in crowded, fast-paced working environments, and exercises extreme caution with awareness of potential situational hazards to ensure site safety.
- Performs mechanical inspections and servicing including controls and operations, completing logbooks, performs maintenance and adjustments, ensures good housekeeping, and performs machine lubrication.
- Interprets verbal and non-verbal communication (including hand signals) from operators, ground personnel and acts accordingly.
- Performs effective operation of equipment by recognizing unusual machine movements and sounds.
- Ensure that all orders and instructions received verbally or in writing are fully understood and adhered to; Communicate with onsite supervisor of daily work requirements
- Be safety conscious in all his/her work and use compulsory protective equipment;
- Responsible for safe working conditions on the mobile equipment;
- Recognizes existing and potential hazards and knows how to identify these through conducting a field level pre-job hazard analysis, checking the machine for hazards and assessing any tasks before start.
- Be familiar with all relevant work and safety procedures issued by Company and Operator;
- Keep updated logs of completed work
- Other duties assigned.
- Quality Manager
- Mobile plant Manager
- Mobile plant Engineer
- Automation Engineer
- Mining Engineer
- Quarry Supervisor
- Effective and efficient running of quarry operations to achieve the set objectives of the plant in terms of raw material, output and cost.
- Support proximity: support by CTC.
- Minimum of SSCE / O’Levels with 5 credits including Maths and English.
- Minimum of 5 years post-qualification experience.
- Machine Main System knowledge.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of safety regulations
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online