Lafarge Africa Plc is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group – the biggest building and concrete solutions company in the world. It is a publicly quoted company on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) and serves Nigeria with a wide range of building and construction solutions designed to meet housing and construction needs from small projects like individual home buildings to major construction and infrastructure projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mobile Equipment Planner
Requisition ID: 2294
Location: Mfamosing, Cross River
Employment Type: Full-time
- Effective maintenance planning, scheduling & inventory control as well as preparing master schedule and workload balance to ensure that manpower is effectively utilized, plan each significant job and determine safety requirements, job steps (execution job plan), blueprints, materials, special equipment needs, and manpower required to perform necessary work.
The Mobile Equipment Planner is responsible to prepare all planned maintenance that have to be carried out by the execution team, service companies or contractors. In that role, the Mobile Equipment Planner will work closely with the Mobile Equipment Inspector and the execution team on the following tasks and responsibilities in order to reinforce the day-to-day job preparation & planning:
- Gather pertinent information needed to plan the work orders in the planning stage of SAP Work Order System, improve the content and quality of information on the work orders and eventually put them in progress after Mobile Equipment Manager validates them.
- Add relevant information to the work orders, as required, to facilitate the comprehension of the execution team.
- Define clearly the scope of work to be performed.
- Establish the preparatory work required prior to scheduled equipment down time.
- Develop a detailed job plan with all the work sequences involved to adequately complete the repairs, as well as equipment downtime and man-hours required.
- Develop a tool list specific to the job to be performed.
- Provide a parts list with reference numbers and exact location for every work order and ensure that all required parts are in stock before job scheduling.
- Ensure all technical specifications and special instructions are provided on paper to the Supervisor and craftsmen.
- Determine the cost involved for parts and supplies for each work order.
- Inform the supervisor/engineer when a job is ready for scheduling.
- Establish and maintain with the supervisors and the stores department, a system for proper storage of pre-works and parts for pending work.
- The incumbent will work with the Storeroom supervisor to update and maintain the equipment parts catalogue, and develop parts catalogues for existing equipment that have none as well as develop equipment tool list for jobs that require such.
- The Mobile Equipment Planner will work with the Storeroom Supervisor to review and update parts min-max.
- The Mobile Equipment Planner will be responsible to improve and maintain the equipment files and history (paper and electronic).
- The Mobile Equipment Planner will ensure timely delivery of spare parts that are placed on order by working with the Purchasing officers and making use of the MFA tracker database program.
- In collaboration with the Purchasing officers & Storeroom Supervisor, the Mobile Equipment Planner will ensure that the inventory and sources of spare parts are consistent with the Lafarge standards, plant equipment reliability and economic constraints. He will also ensure materials and parts conformity upon receipt.
- In order to accomplish the prime objective of the position the Mobile Equipment Planner must be versed with the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). The incumbent must have knowledge of the work order tracking system, spare parts catalogue, requisitioning and inventory systems as well as knowledge of the modern software packages available such as Word, Excel, Microsoft Project Scheduler, etc.
- The Mobile Equipment Planner will be utilized to supervise some jobs and contractors during annual plant
List of direct reports:
Key interfaces, stakeholders and relationships:
- Mobile Equipment Inspector, Supervisor, Inventory, Area Manager, Shift Leader, Workshop.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
- Planning Compliance
Level of education/qualifications normally required:
- University Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a minimum of 1 to 3 years of fieldwork experience in the cement industry.
- Computer literacy is essential Technical / Functional Skills:
- Knowledge of CMMS.
- Good knowledge of RCA methodology and facilitating skills.
- Strong spoken & written communication skill
- Planning & Organizing – Ability to manage, organize, plan and implement work assignments, juggle competing demands and work under pressure of frequent & tight deadlines
- Teamwork – Strong interpersonal ability to establish & maintain effective partnerships and working relationships with people in multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity & respect of diversity
- Judgement – Ability to apply good judgement and decision making skills.
- Commitment to Continuous Learning – Willing to keep abreast of new developments in working environment
Leadership and managerial abilities:
- Problem solving – Strong analytical & problem solving skills & ability to handle a range of management, coordination & technical issues.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online