Ecobank Transnational Incorporated (ETI), a public limited liability company, was established as a bank holding company in 1985 under a private sector initiative spearheaded by the Federation of West African Chambers of Commerce and Industry with the support of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Market Risk Officer – ENG RMD 998
Job Identification: 393
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
- Monitor, report and ensure compliance to existing and revised market risk management policies and procedures of the Bank by Business Units.
- Performing appropriate Stress testing and Scenario analysis on the Balance sheet to determine the effect of unusual large movements in market risk factors.
- Measurement of Net Interest Income (NII) sensitivity based on structure of the Bank’s Repricing Gap.
- Preparation of accurate market risk reports for ALCO, Line Management, Group Market risk Manager while providing practical recommendations for a better management and improvement of balance sheet risks management.
- Provide a first line review of all limit requests, liquidity funding and contingency plans, and stress testing procedures.
- Analyze macro-economic trends. Define short, medium- and long-term economic perspectives (market risk factors) and simulate its downside risk on the Bank’s on and off-balance sheet positions.
- Conducting Factor Sensitivities (PV01) and Duration analysis on Trading portfolio.
- Ensure that all market risks are adequately addressed via limits/triggers to prevent unauthorized exposures and determine additional limits/triggers beyond/below minimum requirements where necessary.
- Work with Trading and Investment desks to support new business initiatives in line with the Board’s risk appetite and the Bank’s risk management policies.
- Implementing best practice mark to market models such as interpolation and extrapolation models amongst others.
- Attend to other tasks as may be assigned by Head, Market Risk; Group Market Risk Management and/or Country/Cluster Risk Manager
- Excellent knowledge of financial markets and products
- Good knowledge and interpretation of financial risks
- Proficiency in the use of MS office tools
- Understands Market Risk Management best practices and methodologies
- Understands economic variables/trends and regulatory/monetary policies
- Excellent knowledge of the balance sheet
Educational Qualification and Experience
- An excellent academic background.
- Minimum of seven (7) years banking experience, part of which must have been spent within a Treasury
- Excellent numeric and analytical skill
- Attention to details
- Risk conscious and sensitive
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines with high level of accuracy
- Highly organized
- Self starter
- Excellent interpersonal, team-working and communication skills
Application Closing Date
15th September, 2023; 19:00
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online