MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Manager – Marketing Content Management, MTN GlobalConnect Job Identification No.: 2171 Location: Nigeria Job Schedule: Full time Job Category: MTN Level 3
Key Performance Areas: Core, essential responsibilities/outputs of the position (KPA’s) Content Marketing Strategy:
- Create a plan that links marketing with product management and sales, aligns with the core business objectives, and adds measurable value to the bottom line. Develop and deliver an effective content strategy aligned to the brand strategy
- Seek input and define the goals. Ensure the vision, mission statements, and objectives are aligned with annual goals. Get input from the exco. Plan the budget.
- Know your audience. Our business begins and ends with the customers.
- Audit the competitors. Developing the competitive analysis is a process that interconnects with content marketing planning. When we understand our competitors, we can identify what differentiates us from them. And when we overlay this information onto the buyer personas, that’s when the marketing magic begins to happen.
- Create and maintain a content marketing calendar that schedules all aspects of the creation and delivery of content throughout the year aligned to ROB, Rhythm of Business
- Content Management. Develop standards, systems, and best practices (both staff and technology) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval, and content repurposing.
- Work with the wider marketing team to identify messages or stories that need writing, updating, or revisions
- Define metrics and analyze data to determine content effectiveness.
- Create a well-researched and designed to solve audiences’ problems content. Align with the brand ToV and ensure the content leads on a journey toward the sale.
- Supporting the design division in creating marketing materials.
- Create text, video, and audio content
- Use technical equipment, software, or online platforms to create and share content
- Create content for different formats: emails, landing pages, long-form articles, short-form blog posts, white papers, case studies, newsletters, infographics, presentations, campaigns, explainer videos, interviews, testimonials, calculators, opinion pieces
- Oversee a third-party content production team’s creation and management of targeted content for the company’s website.
- Create, and keep up to date the marketing communications guidelines
- Edit the content created by others. Check the grammar, punctuation, flow, and style, ensure alignment to the brand ToV, tone of voice
- For online content, make sure the headings are SEO-friendly, the copy is optimized, and the paragraphs aren’t densely packed. Know your way around metadata.
- Stay abreast of current best practices in the industry and review competitor websites to compare their activities with those of your company
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies) Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, English, or a related field.
- Masters is preferred
- Fluent in English.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years of agency experience in a similar role
- Advanced written communication skills and an ability to Copywrite and edit in British and American English
- Proven ability to produce high-quality, engaging content. Showcase a portfolio of relevant previous outputs
- Experience creating and maintaining a resource or library of content
- Experience with managing the marketing budget
- Fluency in web analytics tools, SEO, social media marketing applications, and leading social media monitoring platforms
- Familiarity with SEO best practices to write creative copy that includes effective keyword placement
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines within corporate and ongoing programs and campaigns.
- Excellent command of British and American English. French is a plus but not mandatory
- Exhibited superior writing, spellcheck, and editing skills.
- Superior research, managerial, and time management abilities.
- Ability to conceive fresh and appealing ideas for new content that establishes or supports the company’s brand identity
- Extremely computer literate, especially with how to write, interpret and edit HTML scripts
- Experience with social media engagement strategies and best practices
- Strong skills in creating original content that targets a specific audience and meets company objective.
Additional Skills: Besides all listed above qualifications, we would love for you to:
- Storytelling by nature, using words, images, or audio, and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience.
- Have the ability to think like an educator, intuitively understanding what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it.
- Clear articulation of the business goal behind the creation of a piece (or series) of content.
- Have leadership skills required to define and manage a set of goals involving diverse contributors and content types
- Have great people skills, partner easily with domain experts across the company to gather insights about our capabilities, the industry, and competitive trends, and distill them into compelling content
- Have a growth mindset and constantly strive to learn new things and innovate
- To succeed, you have to be structured and organized to manage highly interdependent, complex projects and keep various workstreams on track.
Application Closing Date 22nd February, 2023.