MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager – IP Technology Operations, MTN GlobalConnect
Job Category: MTN Level 3
The Manager: IP Technology Operations will be accountable for achieving the following objectives:
- Develop and maintain an IP/MPLS and security network strategy with a 3-to-5-year technology and OSS roadmap.
- Develop and maintain an IP address management strategy across the OpCos and Global Network
- Provide inputs to the development of global product strategy and deliver product portfolio roadmap for IP/MPLS, Security, Peering and wholesale solutions.
- Provide analysis and inputs for go-to-market strategy focusing on the optimal level utilization of
- Bayobab fixed infrastructure assets, working hand in hand with other business units of Bayobab
- Manage overall product life cycle for IP/MPLS and Security global products (IP/MPLS, Peering, VPN, IP/MPLS and network security services)
- Prepare High-Level Design and Low-Level Design planning documentation.
- Align the Quality of Services definition and KPI across the Global and OpCo IP/MPLS networks.
- Developing policies and procedures for the Global IP/MPLS and security network
- Plan for growth, projecting future traffic and right sizing links and tunnels to meet service level objectives.
- Perform automated off-line MPLS traffic engineering, leveraging exclusive algorithms that optimize resource utilization and ensure service survivability.
- Perform network capacity / cost assessments and provide input to business cases for internal projects and Multinational Customer solutions.
- Interface with Bayobab sales, business development and other technical business units and support the design of enterprise-grade multi-country networks (for GEBU) as well as FiberCo networks.
- Be proactive in recommending improvements to the Global and OpCo IP/MPLS and security network infrastructure in the drive for best-in-class service availability and reliability.
- Provide inputs in the pricing and budget forecasts for IP/MPLS solutions.
- Define SLAs and customer-specific reporting of this service, both internal (OpCos) and external end customers
- Provide higher technical support to Global NOC and OpCo operations teams with regards to IP/MPLS infrastructure and escalate to vendors the major issues.
- Act as an interface between the engineering team and internal/external customers and provide all parties with expert engineering support.
- Define and update the existing installed base of networks & products across MTN Group as part of a product catalog.
- Address possible future requirements of customers in the product roadmap using market insights and research.
- Continuously identify key gaps in the infrastructure in order to create a homogeneous global IP/MPLS based on market priorities.
- Manage vendors with particular regard to maintenance agreements, incident management and software deployment and circuit provision.
- Supervise IP/MPLS services’ implementation covering the installations, testing & handover.
- Provide strategic insight and direction to influence major platform decisions.
- Work together with other Bayobab business units to provide analysis and inputs for strategy, financial planning and reporting in regard to MTN fixed infrastructure IP/MPLS services.
- Manage customers, suppliers and make sure that the service is delivered on an agreed level of quality and in situations faults/incidents, they are handled within SLAs based on severity levels.
- Prepare and present business cases for high-level initiatives to Management for approval, funding, and prioritization.
- Prepare and present IP/MPLS, Security, and peering architecture standards.
- Lead and manage cross-functional, collaborative teams on standard IP/MPLS and security network architecture development or process improvement initiatives.
- Support of the enterprise strategy and other significant business unit – Fixed and Mobility business units
- Minimum 4 Year Academic Degree in Technical / Engineering Degree / Diploma or similar qualification
- English, French, and Arabic (as an advantage)
- 8+ years in relevant experience in the international telecommunication wholesales infrastructure industry in IP/MPLS Network Solution and Architecture design, configuration and testing
- Relevant experience with IP networks, Minimum of 5 years of experience with multiservice platforms, routing platforms, routing protocols ISIS/RIP/RSVP/OSPF/BGP/ BGP/ and troubleshooting down to packet level
- Ability to maintain a large network with complex network technology
- Excellent TCP/ IP networking skills
- Detailed knowledge on the international telecommunication infrastructure industry in regard to latest industry trends and the competitive landscape within the MTN footprint
Application Closing Date
13th September, 2023 – 12:59 AM.