MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Manager – Finance Operations, Finance Job Identification No.: 2060 Location: Victoria Island, Lagos Job Schedule: Full time Job Category: MTN Level 3 Reports To: Chief Financial Officer Division: MoMo Payment Service Bank
- Responsible for the provision of accurate and high quality financial information for the senior management team, the board and external stakeholders to support decision making.
- Deliver excellent accounting services from Capital Investments, Financial Accounting, and Accounts Payable functions while implementing and maintaining strong financial controls.
- Manage all aspects of the day-to-day activities of the Finance Operations team.
- Review and take responsibility for Key Financial Controls within all functional areas managed.
- Lead, develop and motivate the Finance Operations team.
- Promote Finance Policies and work with the business to ensure solutions are always achieved within policy constraints.
- Oversee the Bank Operations Accounting policies and processes to minimise financial risk to the organisation.
- Oversee the statutory interim and annual audits and ensure compliance to IFRS and MTN Group Financial Policies.
- Resolve all statutory audit items (finance) and report monthly on ALL statutory audit items.
- Oversee the preparation of monthly management reporting and analyse the key performance areas.
- Perform Capital Investments Project Management Reporting and Accounting, Financial Accounting, and Accounts Payable functions.
- Manage intercompany transactions and account types to be used to account for intercompany transactions.
- Lead the automation of manual controls, processes and instill best practice.
- Contribute to the strategic and business planning process.
- Undertake any tasks as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
- First Degree in Accounting or any related field
- Professional Accounting qualification (ICAN, ACCA, CIMA, CPA)
- Data Analysis Certification is an added advantage
- 6 – 13 Years’ experience including:
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in Financial Accounting/Management and Business Planning in a competitive multinational entity
- Knowledge and understanding of risk, control and auditing methodologies
- Experience in Fintech (E-commerce, E-payment) banking or Mobile Money industries is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date 24th February, 2023.