Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) make and receive payments in a convenient border-less manner.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Enhanced Due Diligence & Investigations
Employment Type: Full time
- The Enhanced Due Diligence (“EDD”) Manager leads personnel executing the company’s due diligence policies for both enterprise and SMB (business and consumer) customer segments.
- The EDD Manager is responsible for overseeing the collection and assessment of enhanced due diligence customer profiles.
- The EDD Manager will oversee the review and completion of customer profiles requiring enhanced due diligence, in accordance with Flutterwave policy and procedure, to assess and understand customers’ risk profiles to prevent the risk of money laundering, terrorist financing, proliferation financing, fraud, bribery, and corruption.
- This role reports to the EDD Senior Manager.
- Execute Flutterwave’s Know Your Customer related policies and procedures, including the implementation of enhanced due diligence reviews for both business and consumer customers.
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures relating to customer due diligence as well as regulatory requirements.
- Review customer profiles completed by EDD associates to ensure completeness and accuracy of the due diligence within the customer profile. Return the application/customer profile to the EDD associate if additional research or analysis is required.
- Ensure customer risk ratings are updated in accordance with procedures.
- Draft recommended action to the EDD Senior Manager if the customer exceeds the company’s risk appetite. Ensure recommendations clearly articulate the rationale and risk to the organization such that the business can make an informed decision
- Lead, mentor, and manage a team of EDD associates. Ensure completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of associates’ work product.
- Evaluate performance based on Key Performance Indicators. Lead team meetings and foster team development.
- Escalate any potentially suspicious activity identified to the AML Monitoring and Reporting Manager.
- Recommend strategies, systems, vendors, and research techniques to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the EDD process or enhancing the customer experience.
- Demonstrate expertise and proficiency in the execution of procedures, conduct quality control on associates’ work product, and provide clear and direct feedback to team members to improve quality.
- Understand red flags and Flutterwave policy and procedures to understand if a customer poses undue risk to the company, such as engaging in an unsupported line of business.
- Recommend strategies, systems, vendors, and research techniques to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the EDD process or enhance the customer experience
- Oversee quality control for new hires and quality assurance reviews for experienced hires to continually monitor for quality output of the team, including proper collection and evaluation of customer documentation to assess potential risks.
- Assist in the hiring and training of qualified EDD associates, including overseeing quality control reviews on new hire work.
- Stay updated on the latest regulatory developments and changes in AML/CTF, particularly with respect to customer due diligence requirements.
- Track and report on team performance as well as trending within enhanced due diligence investigations to the EDD Senior Manager. Assist the EDD Senior Manager with other reporting as required.
- Identify trends that may require additional training across the organization and/or enhancements to the customer due diligence process.
Required Qualifications to be a Waver
- Bachelor’s Degree in Financial Management or Investment Management, Business Management, Commerce, Commerce in Business Innovation and Entrepreneurship, or a related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience in in a similar role, preferably in the payment industry. Specific experience with Know Your Customer programs or conducting EDD a must.
- Strong understanding of the legal, corporate governance, and regulatory environment related to KYC/Customer Due Diligence requirements and jurisdiction specific regulations.
- Ability to detect and mitigate red flags for potential financial crime, including money laundering, terrorism financing activities, proliferation financing, and fraud as it appears in customer profiles and associated transactional activity.
- Experience with customer due diligence tools used for identity verification and external research
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to make sound decisions.
- Ability to work effectively and drive results in a fast-paced environment with exceptional attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong leadership and time management skills, including ability to provide direct feedback, setting clear performance expectations.
- Ability to manage and prioritize several tasks simultaneously and autonomously.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including ability to develop clear and direct recommendations.
- Proficiency in English required, with additional proficiency in French preferred.
- Professional certifications such as Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) are a bonus.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online