Manager – Electronics Channel Sales and Distribution at MTN Nigeria
MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager – Electronics Channel, Sales and Distribution
Job Identification: 3773
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: MTN Level 3
Division: Sales and Distribution
Reports to: Senior Manager – Channel Management
- To define, develop, and support the Electronic Air Time sales strategy for MTNN.
- To plan and manage the distribution of products through MTNN sales channels.
- Develop compelling business cases for investment within relevant verticals to assist in clearly identifying return on investment and risk.
- Drive the integration of channel strategy with the overall Sales & Distribution strategy, develop action plans for achieving targets and ensure effective execution of plans.
- Review and analyse channel operations and performance, and ensure effective utilization of channels through optimum product availability and distribution within sales channels.
- Develop criteria for evaluating potential and existing distribution channels, define performance criteria for dealers, and allocate volume targets per sub-region, as well as target guidelines for data bundles with respect to network availability.
- Research the market and competition to provide insight on market trends with respect to products, identify new opportunities for sales and revenue, and maintain a prospect list per region for target marketing.
- Liaise and attend meetings with other functions necessary to perform duties and aid business and organizational development.
- Conduct research and trend analysis of the market and competition in order to prescribe the necessary demographic split in terms of resources, terminals, and SIMs and identify new opportunities for sales and revenue.
- Develop and drive enforcement of operational guidelines for the direct sales team.
- Monitor and prepare periodic reports on channel profitability, data bundles, and sales performance trends, and generate periodic channel assessment reports for channel performance reviews.
- Coach and train the team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets and requirements, and regular review of their training needs.
- Identify the training requirements of team members, develop a program to address knowledge gaps, and implement training interventions for retail participants to ensure adequate knowledge of MTNN products.
- Review the performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- First Degree in any related discipline
- Fluent in English Manager – Electronics Channel Sales and Distribution at MTN Nigeria
- 6–13 years’ experience, which includes:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience in supervising or managing others
- Experience working in a medium- to large organization
- Experience in fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG and retail)
- Experience in financial management and profitability of SME.
Application Closing Date
16th January 2024; 22:59
- Eligible Females and People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- MTN Nigeria Communications Plc (MTN) does not and will never ask for payment of any kind from applicants in all MTN’s recruitment processes and stages such as job application, CV review, interview, meeting, and final processing of applications.
- MTN is not liable for fraudulent publication of job offers in MTN’s name or for the fraudulent use of MTN’s name in any manner whatsoever.