Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) make and receive payments in a convenient border-less manner.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Compliance Program
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- As Manager of, Compliance Program you will primarily be responsible for managing the administration of Flutterwave’s Compliance Program, including Anti-Money Laundering/Counter-Terrorist Financing, Sanctions, Data Privacy, Anti-Bribery, and Corruption, and Consumer Protection compliance.
- You will facilitate the implementation of the Compliance Program governance across all areas of compliance using a centralized structure of global minimum standards and local requirements.
- You will be responsible for ensuring all relevant documentation is maintained and updated, tracking and monitoring the progress of enhancement initiatives, and developing the compliance training program.
- This position reports to the VP, Global Compliance Program Manager.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Consolidate Program governance in central office, managing regular updates to documentation, version and template control, and record retention. Identify where stakeholder input is required or beneficial. Serve as the central repository for compliance.
- Lead change management governance across compliance, including tracking and maintaining changes to technology systems.
- Collaborate with the Country Compliance Oversight Lead to ensure local policies, procedures, and governing documents meet or exceed the global minimum standards. Produce reporting regarding compliance training completion.
- Consolidate and track results of the compliance testing program, risk assessments, regulatory exams, and audits, ensuring results are incorporated into issue management tracking.
- Collaborate with Senior Managers to drive program initiatives and ongoing program updates. Proactively communicate with and bring together relevant stakeholders. Maintain open lines of communication with all Compliance leads.
- Track updates to compliance governing documents, facilitate the use of a consistent template and approval process, and ensure substantive updates are incorporated into training initiatives.
- Notify relevant stakeholders of pertinent updates, pursuant to the compliance program’s policy.
- Assist with preparing senior level reporting on the state of the Program, relevant risks and trends, and progress of various initiatives.
- Stay abreast of compliance regulations, best practices, evolving industry standards, and emerging trends.
Minimum Requirements Required to be a Waver
- Bachelor’s Degree in Financial Management or Investment Management, Business Management, Commerce, Commerce in Business Innovation and Entrepreneurship, or a related field.
- Advanced Degree preferred
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience in compliance program management in the financial services or payment industry. Knowledge of all areas of compliance preferred, but candidate may specialize in a given area: Anti-Money Laundering/Counter-Terrorist Financing, Sanctions, Data Privacy, Anti-Bribery and Corruption, and Consumer Protection
- Proven track record of successfully managing compliance programs.
- In-depth knowledge of a range of compliance areas, to include Anti-Money Laundering/Counter-Terrorist Financing, Sanctions, Data Privacy, Anti-Bribery and Corruption, and Consumer Protection.
- Strong leadership skills with experience in developing management reporting. Ability to bring stakeholders together a must.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational, and project management skills.
- Effective communication and presentation skills, with the ability to influence and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to navigate complex regulatory environments and adapt to changing regulations.
- Professional certifications such as Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) are highly desirable.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online