Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hygiene Promotion Assistant
Location: Potiskum, Yobe
Employment Type: Full time
Department: Programmes – WASH
Reporting to: Hygiene Officer
Proposed start date: September 2023
- We are currently looking to fill the role of a Hygiene Promotion Assistant, who will be responsible to assist undertake hygiene promotion related activities and non-food items distribution to affected populations.
- Assist in preparing training modules for the promotion of hygiene practices at household and communities;
- Assist in conducting home visits and visits to the community (schools, health facilities, etc.) to identify gaps in terms of hygiene, sanitation and use of water;
- Organize emergency hygiene promotion awareness raising sessions;
- Mobilize communities and health facilties to adopt safe hygiene practices as promoted by the project (latrine construction, hand washing facilities, environmental cleanliness.);
- Assist the in conducting training sessions for the community workers and/or targeted populations;
- Conduct focus group discussion for Women and Girls to identify location for construction of WASH facilities;
- Write a weekly activity reports;
- Propose possible improvements;
- Assist in the process of beneficiaries selection to receive NFI assistance;
- Assist in beneficiary registration;
- Assist distribute shelter, hygiene and NFI kits to registered beneficiaries.
- Minimum of National Diploma in Public Health or Health related field;
- Motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive;
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited;
- Fluency in Hausa and English;
- Commitment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy;
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy;
- Previous experience with Action Against Hunger.
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
- Women at ACF are entitled to benefits such as maternity leave, compassionate leave for a hospitalized child and creche facilities for babies and toddlers.
Application Closing Date
Friday; 18th August, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- All candidates MUST ensure they answer all the questions asked for this application. Failure to do so means candidates will not be considered for the process.