Ecobank Transnational Incorporated (ETI), a public limited liability company, was established as a bank holding company in 1985 under a private sector initiative spearheaded by the Federation of West African Chambers of Commerce and Industry with the support of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Quality Assurance and Compliance Monitoring
Job Identification: 364
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
The idea candidate should have the following attributes:
- Supervise preparation of Group BRCC, EXCO, MRC and Board Audit and Compliance reports
- Supervise preparation of Regional Control Reports, Monthly Compliance Report and GIC Pack
- Supervise the preparation of monthly proof /Reconciliation and ensure the final report is shared with management.
- Supervise review of Standard Operations Manuals and process documentations bankwide.
- Review collated monthly critical control issues report from Branch, IS Head Office Compliance, Balance Sheet Assurance, and Reconciliation and AML/CFT/CPF unit advise of issues for escalation.
- Supervise monitoring of all regulatory reports in the bank for timely rendition to the regulatory authorities on daily, weekly via Compliance monitoring tracker etc
- Supervise monitoring activities over transactions on Remittances business (MoneyGram, Western Union, Wari and RIA)
- Supervise review of new circulars posted on CBN (Central Bank of Nigeria) website and ensure same is forwarded to Chief Compliance Officer and other Compliance Staff.
- With the Permission of CCO circulate new regulatory circulars and policies
- Supervise updating activities of Rule Book and share details with stakeholders
- Supervise preparation and execution of Compliance activity planning.
- Ensure significant open issues in published compliance reports are uploaded on Control log for proper monitoring
- Ensure reports are issued for completed Compliance/Control activities/tests.
- Ensure timely rendition and good quality of all Compliance activity reports
- Ensure follow up with process owner on all issues reported
- Supervise and review collated reports on cash count exercise /Bank wide stock count, Proof report etc.
- Supervise preparation of monthly Prudential Ratio report and ensure the report is rendered within the approved deadline
- Ensure Periodic review of bank-wide GLs to ascertain the correctness of balances warehoused in the bank GL accounts is carried out
- Supervise preparation and implementation of Compliance Unit Capex budget.
- Supervise preparation and implementation of regulatory and required trainings for Compliance Officers, Board and other staff bankwide.
- Supervise regulatory return rendition for Compliance Training
- Ensure report deadlines are met for the affiliates where impossible to meet deadlines ensure adequate approval for extension is obtained.
- Ensure cordial relationship with auditors as well as ensure that reports requested by auditors are submitted promptly.
- Mentoring Quality Assurance and Monitoring Unit staff
- Supervise the administrative clerk for smooth administration of Compliance office and Process expenses for Compliance Officers bank wide
- Supervise implementation of GIC and Group Compliance work plan and other adhoc requests from GIC and ENG management as may be required.
- Supervise periodic dissemination of Compliance Nugget
- Carry out all other functions as may be required by CCO.
Application Closing Date
16th August, 2023 (03:48 PM).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online