Head of Credit Risk at Kuda Bank
Job Title: Head of Credit Risk at Kuda Bank
Location: Lagos (Hybrid)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Join us at Kuda in this pivotal role and be the driving force in shaping and optimizing our Credit Risk strategies!
- We are currently searching for a dynamic Head of Credit Risk to lead the Credit Risk team, spearhead the implementation and execute Kuda’s Credit Risk policies.
- You’ll have the opportunity to drive streamlined collection practices and actively contribute to the development of relevant policies and protocols.
- In addition, you’ll get to ensure precise reporting and strict adherence to Credit product practices within Nigeria.
- Lead the Credit Risk team, end-to-end strategy roadmap and execution
- Ensure proactive advocacy and steadfast adherence to Credit policies
- Design Credit policies tailored to the unique dynamics of Kuda MFB in Nigeria
- Build and operate the underwriting function for both consumer and business credit
- Managing a team of underwriters, providing guidance, training, and feedback to ensure consistency and adherence to established underwriting standards
- Spearhead active and compliant collection practices, demonstrating a commitment to regulatory standards and guidelines
- Lead the strategic implementation of Credit initiatives within the Nigerian market, aligning efforts with organizational objectives
- Establish, build and actively manage various relationships with external partners
- BSc in Accounting, Economics, Banking, Finance and Commerce (or relevant fields)
- 10+ years of experience, with at least 4 years in a leadership position specifically within Credit Risk Management
- Extensive background in financial services or Fintech, underscoring a deep understanding of the industry’s nuances and dynamics
- Solid understanding of Credit regulation within the Nigeria banking industry
- In-depth hands-on expertise in the administration of Credit Risk policies, the Credit underwriting process, Credit Risk scoring methodologies, and precise calculation of unit costs for risk products
Application Closing Date
- Kuda is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Kuda is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent.
- We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.