To contribute to the delivery of an excellent student experience by undertaking a range of teaching, assessment and administrative duties, principally at undergraduate level, in relation to Computing Science, and as requested by the Programme Director/Head of Subject, in order to contribute to learning and teaching objectives in the School of Computing Science.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the planning, organisation and delivery of undergraduate teaching.
- Deliver a range of teaching and assessment activities directed towards the delivery of subjects at undergraduate level.
- Participate in a range of course administration duties, within required timescales, including effective communication of information, marking, assessment and timeous constructive feedback.
- Assist with the development of appropriate teaching materials ensuring content and methods of delivery meet determined learning objectives.
- Contribute to the effective use of learning technologies to support and enhance course delivery, course organisation, feedback and assessment. This may involve blended and/or online provision including the use of Moodle and other ICT materials.
- Apply specialist knowledge to teaching that best meet the needs of individuals and groups of learners, ensuring an inclusive and evidence-based approach that promotes student participation and learning outcome attainment.
- Participate in the full assessment process using a variety of methods and techniques, including oral assessment, and provide effective, timely and appropriate feedback to students that supports their learning.
- Assist with the supervision of student projects, dissertations, and any practical work, advising on skills, methods and techniques to assist the transfer of knowledge, and respond appropriately to the diverse range of learner support/ needs.
- Engage in continuing professional development activities as appropriate.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required by the Head of School.
- To contribute to the enhancement of the University’s international profile in line with the University’s Strategic Plan, World Changers Together
SCQF Level 10 [Honours degree] in a relevant subject or a cognate discipline, or equivalent
Professional teaching qualification or working towards one
Knowledge, Skills and ExperienceSpecialist theoretical and practical knowledge of Computing Science
1-2 years relevant experience of teachingExcellent communication skills both oral and written
Ability to work independently and as part of a teamAbility to accept collegiate responsibilities and act accordingly
Relevant administrative experience [e.g. student support, course administration etc.]
START APPLICATION HERE