Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Employment Type: Full time
Reporting to: Finance Specialist
Proposed start date: September 2023
- We are currently looking to fill the role of a Finance Officer, who will be responsible to provide support to the mission financial plan updating and management to achieve mission overall budget management strategy.
- Update Financial Plan with BFU balances on a monthly basis for optimization considering donor requirements on flexibility and compliance;
- Update Financial Plan with general ledger of closed SAGA on a monthly basis to determine gaps between actual and plan cost;
- Update Financial Plan with Leavers, New Joiners and Base change staff list;
- Update Financial Plan with Expat list and costing on a monthly basis;
- Check monthly timesheet/budget allocation on GTA aligns with forecast;
- Assist in preparing budget proposals as required;
- Create financial line on Nomenclature as required;
- Prepare BFU Parameters once budgets are approved;
- Assist in preparing BFU’s twice monthly;
- Check accuracy of amounts on statutory deductions and compliance to rules and deadlines;
- Ensure organized and complete filling of all statutory payments and reports. Such as Taxes, EFCC, pension etc.;
- Coordinating the retrieval of needed archived documentation for all spot checks, internal and external audits;
- Liaise with Base teams on any challenge with receiving dispatch of supporting documents timely;
- Supervise Capital Finance Assistants and ensure proper verification of documents being checked and monthly progress report is done;
- Ensure all months’ supporting documents are timely updated on E-archiving platform by finance Assistant;
- Encourage collaboration between the assistants and the different departments e.g. Audit, Logistics and HR to ensure compliance;
- Identify training needs of finance assistants under his/her supervision;
- Set position objectives for and motivate finance assistants to achieve set objectives.
- Minimum of a Bachelor equivalent in Accounting / Finance;
- Basic Knowledge of donor rules;
- Intermediate knowledge and use of Excel;
- Knowledge of Nigeria statutory rules and requirement;
- 3+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: Finance and Accountancy;
- Exceptional organization and planning skills, ability to manage and follow work plans;
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication, able to negotiate, influence, give effective feedback, be a team player;
- Able to manage stress effectively, juggle competing priorities, and balance various team needs
- Champion of ACF Charter values of : Professionalism, Transparency, Neutrality, Access to Victims and Non-Discrimination;
- Previous ACF experience, previous INGO experience;
- Experience with donor-funded programs;
- Experience supervising others desirable.
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
- Women at ACF are entitled to benefits such as maternity leave, compassionate leave for a hospitalized child and creche facilities for babies and toddlers.
Application Closing Date
Friday; 18th August, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- All candidates MUST ensure they answer all the questions asked for this application. Failure to do so means candidates will not be considered for the process.