ENGIE Energy Access is the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa. The company develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy.
The PAYGO solar home systems are financed through affordable instalments from $0.19 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,800 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.9 million customers and more than 9 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to impact 20 million lives across Africa by 2025.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Environmental, Social & Governance Manager
Requisition ID: 13863
Job Grade: HL-17
Job type: Full-time
Department: Supply Chain
Reporting Line: Head of HSSE
Department: Engineering & Products
- The purpose of the Environmental, Social and Governance Manager is to design, implement, communicate and coordinate all Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) programs within EEA’s operations.
- In addition, develop and provide technical and administrative direction on ESG decisions while overseeing the entire reporting system and following up on agreed action points in line with EEA’s overall objectives, operations, and performance
- Develop, maintain and implement ESG standards and policies, Environmental and Social Management System (ESMS, E&S components of the system) and procedures across EEA operations.
- Work with health and safety (H&S) representatives and other Section heads, HR, Finance to embed a culture that prioritizes Environmental Management and Social Responsibility through knowledge sharing and awareness across the organization.
- Conduct periodic environmental and social risk assessments, update existing and or develop new recommendations and or mitigation measures.
- Develop and maintain tools and mechanisms to evaluate, track and report on progress against company ESG goals
- provide support on the implementation of the community grievance mechanism and general relation issues associated with EEA’s operations.
- Periodically conduct investigations on operational E&S incidents, ensure proper record keeping and submission while partnering with stakeholders in the implementation of corrective actions as they relate to the incident, lesson learned and incorporation into E&S programs if necessary.
- Contribute to the development and publication of ESG reports including collecting data, material metrics, and consolidating information requests
- Keep up to date with all relevant national legislation as well as alignment with international environmental and social standards and best practice (in particular, the International Finance Corporation’s Performance Standards, World Bank Environmental, Health and Safety Guidelines, International Labor Organization’s Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work, United Nations Human Rights Convention and the Sustainable Development Goals).
- Support the country and financial team during due diligence, pre-project on every ESG topics
We believe that great managers:
- Deliver ambitious results: As a high-performing and accountable leader, you create an enabling environment for effective action and bold decision which contribute to successful delivery of results.
- Act with integrity: As an ethical leader you are honest, respectful, objective, and transparent. You create and build upon a foundation of trust and openness.
- Inspire and mentor the team: As an inspirational leader you walk the talk. You empower and coach your team with trust and humility.
- Are accessible: as an accessible leader, you develop and maintain deep connections with stakeholders through approachability and active listening.
- Ensure diversity and inclusion: as an inclusive leader, you ensure diversity and foster a sense of belonging.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Higher in Environmental, Sustainability, Engineering or related ESG field
- Relevant ESG, CSR certification, training
Knowledge and Skills
- Total of at least 6 years of experience and minimum of 3 years (above those 6 ) in sustainability, ESG, CSR ideally the last 3 years !
- Experience in managing and coordinating monitoring and evaluation systems at organizational level in multi-country programs;
- Extensive knowledge of global sustainability, ESG and CSR standard methodologies and trends
- Advanced knowledge of international standards in relation to sustainable finance including IFC performance standards, industry practices, relevant E & S legislation and regulatory agency requirements
- Shown success in the development and execution of successful sustainability strategies
- Outstanding cross-functional partnership skills, with a confirmed ability to identify, initiate and lead efforts with both internal and external teams
- Passionate about ESG and CSR and the ability to translate that passion into action
- Experience with establishing and managing an operating budget
- Strong operational mindset with ability to prioritize projects and demands
- Experience in managing ESG issues and disclosures in the tech industry
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills as well as creativity and resourcefulness
- Ability to work in an international and multicultural team;
- French is a plus
- Experience in technology required for the role (IBAT Tool,; CIRA)
- Strong working experience with Microsoft Office programs – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Forms etc.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online