Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Environment Logistics Senior Officer
Location: Abuja with frequent trips to the field offices.
Employment Type: Full Time
Reporting to: Head of Department Logistics
Proposed Start Date: September 2023
Contract End Date: December 2023 with possibility of extensions
- Action Against Hunger is currently looking to fill the role of Environment Logistics Senior Officer who will be responsible to pilot/test the environmental actions of the logistics action plan at the mission level.
- Carry out assessments during visits;
- Monitor/identify the volume and categories of waste by office and guesthouse, map the recycling channels present in the areas of intervention during site visits;
- Identify the hazardous waste management channels;
- Develop the collection process in the capital office and bases, towards the recycling channels;
- Initiate contracts/frameworks with the recycling and waste management sectors;
- Collect/capitalize program expectations on waste (written report to be relayed to coordination and headquarters);
- Identify the types/composition of packaging and supplier;
- List quality & environmental standards and labels at country level (according to strategic markets);
- Collect data and indicator tracking table (KPIs);
- Ensure internal communication on the results obtained at the level of the mission and headquarters.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Waste Management or Supply Chain Management / Logistics;
- Minimum of 2 years extensive experience in environmental or waste management project or supply chain/logistics, preferably in humanitarian or development work;
- Working knowledge of the federal, state or local environmental and waste regulations;
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong verbal, written and communication skills. Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment;
- Fluent in English;
- Good interpersonal skills – approachable, diplomatic, able to negotiate, influence, give and receive effective feedback, be a team player.
Application Closing Date
11th September 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online