Oando Plc is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions provider with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigeria Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Professionalism (TRIPP).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: EHS Supervisor (Environment Performance)
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
Functional Area: EHSQ
Overall Purpose of Job
- Provides leadership, vision and direction to achieve the company goal of an incident free culture ensuring that employees in respective locations/entities follow safe work procedures and comply with other EHS standards and regulations in day-to-day operations
- Implements strategy to achieve high Environmental performance that will reduce the impact of company’s operational activities on the environment.
- Prepares and administers a complete set of environmental key performance indicators for the company.
- Interprets existing environmental laws and guidelines and advises Management on Environmental matters including design & implementation of ESG framework and Stainability program.
- Preparation of Weekly and Monthly Performance reports.
- Initiates investigation & management of incidents affecting the environment.
- Lateral Learning application.
- Responsible for EIA, EER/EEA mitigation report.
- Conducts Special studies especially studies affecting the facilities.
- Follow up with the implementing of Waste Management plans.
- Responsible for co-ordination of Oil spill response and contingency plan by liaising with regulatory bodies.
- Provides effective Monitoring and Measurement of environmental compliance or non-compliance.
- Responsible for Environmental Data management.
- Liaises with regulatory agencies for License Renewal and any other environmental documentation that may be required from time to time.
- Provision of effective, practical EHS advice to the site team/SBU and project management team.
- Creating a zero incident EHS culture on site by investigating all accidents, near misses and recommending ways to prevent future occurrence. He/She shall also receive and process Accidents Reports and report on “near misses” or dangerous occurrences.
- Establishing and operating effective active monitoring EHS processes.
- Conducting EHS Inductions and awareness in Head Office.
- Ensuring Risk Assessments are conducted and that required controls are consistently implemented.
- Ensure that all staff and contractors have access to all relevant EHSQ Guides & Manuals and that they understand them.
- Ensure that steps that are laid down in the Emergency Response Contingency Plan are rehearsed and carried out effectively.
- Ensure that all jobs that require work permits, work certificates or EHS sign-offs obtain the appropriate sign-off before the jobs are carried out.
- Generate monthly EHS reports and statistics, which shall be passed on to the EHS Manager within first week of every new month.
- Liaising with government statutory bodies/agencies such as DPR, FEMNV, RSEPA, NPA/INTELS and the Nigerian Police to ensure compliance with environmental laws, and safety/security of our operations, lives and properties.
- Work closely with the other functions as continuously assigned by the EHS Manager and /or H, EHSQ.
Key Performance Indicators
- Organization wide EHS Culture and procedure compliance.
- The degree of awareness created in sensitizing the staff on the impact of company’s operation on the environment.
- Efficiency of response to Oil spillage, air pollution and other non-environment friendly operations.
- A good University Degree in Engineering, Environmental / Sciences.
- Good all-round knowledge of project EHS requirements
- EHS leadership experience and skills
- Experienced in Risk Assessment
- A detailed understanding of the hazards associated with Oando’s operations.
- Experienced in EHS Auditing and Inspection
- Experienced in Accident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis
- EHS Management System implementation and operation experience
- Crisis Management experience.
- Oil & Gas Industry Dynamics
- Knowledge of Occupational Health & safety and Environmental Management systems i.e. ISO 45001 & 14000 is required
- Minimum of 8 years overall work experience. Four (4) years of technical training and/or related experience. Five (5) years safety and environmental experience related to the applicable industry; be familiar with environmental management systems; and 3-5 years supervisory experience.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online