Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Country Director
- As a member of the Senior Management Team of the mission, you provide leadership and management of all the support services functions and systems within the mission, including logistics, finance and HR & administration management to ensure quality support to programme implementation.
More precisely, you:
- Coordinate support department work plans, projects implementation plan, departmental strategies and plans of action from development to implementation.
- Manage all support functions (Finances, HR, Logistics) in, for example: assigning objectives, performing meetings, ensuring that guidelines are adhered to at all times and compliant with donor’s policies and guidelines, ensuring organisational compliance to Nigerian regulations, supervising the development / updating of guidelines, collaborating with HoD of your scope and other DCDs.
- Are responsible of risk management, compliance & internal control/audit in, for example: monitoring and developing the Internal Control/Audit Framework and internal control department, coordinating and conducting periodic compliance reviews, leading audit preparation and assisting and responding during internal and external audits, supporting Field Coordinators in maintaining field offices risk registers, developing the mission risk register, providing leadership and supervision to the Internal Control team during investigations on potential frauds, SEA cases or other reports.
- You have a Master’s Degree, preferably in Economics and/or Political / Humanitarian studies or equivalent.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in the humanitarian field at a senior management or coordination role, preferably in a variety of contexts and countries and with a strong background in finance, HR and logistics.
- You have an experience an experience of working within an insecure environment with responsbility for security planning, monitoring and management.
- You have a good understanding of risk management.
- You have strong analytical and practical problem-solving skills and an ability to organize work efficiently and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under time constraints.
- You speak and write English fluently.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online