Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer-Smartcash PSB
Job type: Full-time
- As a key member of the Management team, the Chief Financial Officer will report to the CEO and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company.
- The CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, treasury, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, job costing, deal analysis and negotiations, investor relationships and partnership compliance and private and institutional financing.
- Preparation of Annual Operating Plan, using forecasting tool, ensure that the adequate measures are factor to achieve business objects.
- Present operating and capital expenditure budgets determining the best mix of debt, equity and internal financing for review and approval. Keep general management informed of departmental progress and problems.
- Provides financial direction, planning and accounting to the business – short term and long-term financial goals.
- Negotiate/arranges external finance, when necessary.
- Review working capital/cash flow requirement on a regular basis.
- Ensures accounting processes conforms with all applicable policies including company and group policies, that meets the following:
- Ensures accurate revenue reporting and validation mechanics.
- Opex productivity.
- Accurate fixed assets register.
- Accurate general ledger accounting.
- Ensure sanity checks and delivery of monthly financial report.
- Oversees activities of Personnel (i.e., hires, coaches, appraise rewards motivates, discipline, recommends and terminates as necessary.
- Manage regulatory reporting function from CBN compliance point of view and lead CBN compliance reporting and external internal audits.
Education and Certification
- A First Degree or its equivalent in any relevant discipline graduate and professional qualification (e.g., ACCA, ACA, ANAN, CFA,) etc.
- Minimum of 15 years post qualification experience in Finance & Performance management role within the financial services industry. Out of which at least 5 must have been at a senior management level.
- Development and management of policies and procedures for financial services.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, result oriented.
- Able to work within and manage a team of professional, guiding and coordinating towards achieving common objectives.
- High energy person with the ability to organize, manage and deliver key strategic initiatives. Strong communication skills – both written and verbal with all levels of management in a professional capacity.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deliver results by critical deadlines. Strong Leadership skills.
- Strong ethics and high integrity are mandatory.
- Networking ability – Internal & External.
- Influence and cross-functional handling.
Application Closing Date
17th September, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We therefore do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of, among others, their race, disability, their race, disability, religion or gender.
- All employment opportunities are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.