Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Account Payable Officer
Job type: Full-time
- This role involves providing financial and administrative support to the organization.
- Complete payments and control expenses by receiving payment invoices, processing of invoices, verifying and reconciling invoices.
- Invoice collection in line with the checklist to ensure invoices meets the requirement.
- Ensure vendor payments are booked appropriately and processed based on agreed payment terms in line with agreed SLAs.
- Ensure invoices are captured in the system with all relevant invoice information such as VAT and WHT alongside the supporting document attached to the invoice. Ensure invoices are initiated to the correct user department and user function within the user department.
- Follow up with the approvers to ensure approval is completed. Ensure that all accrual expense booked for the month have verifiable back up scheduled. Ensure timely submission of validated user group input to ACE.
- Ensure accuracy of review decks for departmental functions, completeness of all OPEX and departmental expenses.
- Responsible for vendor reconciliation in line with group policy and Opco target to ensure open issues do not age more than 30 days.
- Ensure all accruals in the books are not beyond three (3) months of ageing without any escalation.
- Ensure account clean-up for reconciling items arising from balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ensure intercompany cross charges are appropriately booked and reconciled. Ensure timely submission of DTR Schedules and other AP related adhoc reports.
Education and Certification
- A University Degree in Accounting, Social Sciences or any numerate discipline.
- Minimum of 5 Years’ experience in similar role.
Skills and Competencies:
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office tools and accounting packages.
- Good Interpersonal relationship required.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Attention to details.
- Result oriented.
Application Closing Date
17th September, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We therefore do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of, among others, their race, disability, their race, disability, religion or gender.
- All employment opportunities are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.